Welcome to Strong Woman Radio, a sanctuary free of testosterone (except for a few special guests), where ladies who like to lift heavy things can chitchat about the struggles and success that comes with being a woman in a male dominated sport. We welcome listeners of all sports, be it strongman, Crossfit, olympic lifting or more; but be warned we don't like running very much unless we are carrying or dragging something heavy while we do it.
DON'T FORGET TO download, subscribe to and listen to the previous episodes! And as you get familiar with the show, leave those reviews and ratings in iTunes, and send us your questions and comments via the comment form, which can be found here.
Enjoy the show and lift on ladies!
- Intro (0:00)
- Latest & Greatest (1:15)
- Back after a few weeks off with their first ever guest - Stephanie Gaudreau from Stupid Easy Paleo, who is also an olympic lifter and previously a Crossfit regional competitor
- What Stephanie is up to
- How Stephanie got involved with lifting and what her path looked like in the beginning
- Lifting and How it Impacts Health (14:34)
- The benefits of lifting things that are very heavy
- More on muscles fibers and how to activate them
- What happens to the muscles when you are not active
- How to implement a lifting routine
- Linear progression
- Breaking the low weight, high cardio training mentality
- The value of a lifting community
- Stacy is focused on getting health, happy and harder to kill
- Paleo isn't necessarily low carb or high carb
- Final Thoughts (52:20)
- Outro (59:41)